Scribal sentence example
- The is-i is omitted by a through a simple scribal error.
- The Hebrew text of the book of Ezekiel is not in good condition - it is full of scribal inaccuracies and additions.
- It is, however, characterized throughout (except in some scribal additions) by a definite thought, and pervaded by a definite tone of feeling.
- The reading of " 9 soss and 36 years," which gives the total 576 years, he suggested was a scribal error for " 6 soss and 39 years "; he thus reduced the length of Dynasty III.
- 4, 5 may be a scribal slip and that we have here not the confession of the Palestinian remnant and that of the Exiles, but simply a juxtaposition of two forms of confession.Advertisement
- Two of them single out four words which are not correct in the Qur'an; they are scribal errors.
- Moreover, sophisticated scanning has been used to highlight aspects of the manuscript, such as scribal corrections.
- The pages reproduced here give a flavor of what, in a slightly different context, has been called ' scribal publication '.
- Jesus did not stand within the scribal traditions of his time.
- Scribal additions, for instance, are marked up with the element add: Here the scribe added add an /add indefinite article.Advertisement
- Yet the conditions of scribal culture can only be observed through a veil of print.