Scoundrels sentence example
- Yes, we are not now facing scoundrels as good as Robert Boothby and Quentin Hogg.
- My house was built by one of the old scoundrels in 1865.
- Scoundrels! yelled Kutuzov in a hoarse voice, waving his arms and reeling.
- The German feudal lords he pronounced hangmen, who knew only how to swindle the poor man - " such fellows were formerly called scoundrels, but now we must call them ` Christians and revered princes.'
- In answer to Rostov's renewed questions, Denisov said, laughing, that he thought he remembered that some other fellow had got mixed up in it, but that it was all nonsense and rubbish, and he did not in the least fear any kind of trial, and that if those scoundrels dared attack him he would give them an answer that they would not easily forget.Advertisement
- This most simple and salutary reform was, however, rendered nugatory by the opposition of Zamoyski, and his death the same year made matters still worse, as it left the opposition in the hands of men violent and incapable, like Nicholas Zebrzydowski, or sheer scoundrels, like Stanislaw Stadnicki.
- On leaving the place, he brought me for supper to an inn where we met four scoundrels of his own stamp.
- The Emperor's curiosity got the better of him and he decided to see the two scoundrels.
- If we win we will be great heroes; but if we lose we will be the greatest scoundrels the country has ever produced.
- I'd shoot them, the scoundrels!Advertisement
- But no, these must be only a handful of scoundrels.
- We will do, completely do, and undo these scoundrels.
- The Emperor 's curiosity got the better of him and he decided to see the two scoundrels.