Scorpioid sentence example
- Here there are scorpioid cymes of pairs of flowers, each pair consisting of an older and a younger flower.
- The supposed hydrothecae may be present on one side of the axis only (monoprionid) or on both sides (diprionid); the first case may be conjectured to be the result of uniserial (helicoid) budding, the second to be produced by biserial (scorpioid) budding.
- The inflorescence in the family Boraginaceae are usually regarded as true scorpioid cymes.
- In Saxifraga umbrosa (London-pride) and in the horse-chestnut we meet with a raceme of scorpioid cymes; in sea-pink, a capitulum of contracted scorpioid cymes (often called a glomerulus); in laurustinus, a compound umbel of dichasial cymes; a scorpioid cyme of capitula in Vernonia scorpioides.
- Scorpioid Cyme of Capitula, Vernonia scorpioides.Advertisement
- Capitulum of contracted Scorpioid Cymes (Glomerulus), Sea-pink.