Scorns sentence example
- From the lofty height of her genius, she scorns her womanly duty, and she is trying to make a man of herself.
- He speaks, e.g., as if species and genera were fixed and unchangeable; and fixing his eye on the ideal forms in their purity and self-sameness, he scorns the phenomenal world, whence this identity and persistence are absent.
- Invective and apology he scorns alike, nor troubles himself to show, with Claudian, even a suppressed grief at the indignities put upon the old religion by the new.
- 10) ready to acknowledge its utility in counteracting unpleasant smells ("si me odor alicujus loci offenderit, Arabiae aliquid incendo"), is careful to say that he scorns to offer it as an accompaniment to his heartfelt prayers (Apol.
- He can only imagine himself in the same position reveling in luxuries and yet here is Hitler who scorns them all.Advertisement
- From this perspective The Cribs may seem to operate under a double standard - their music scorns the new school of uber cool new wave indie kids, yet their sound adheres to exactly that.