Scold sentence example
- One hasn't the heart to scold her, she is so much to be pitied.
- Don't scold him when he has an accident.
- Every quarrel, however, was soon made up. During twenty years the disciple continued to worship the master; the master continued to scold the disciple, to sneer at him, and to love him.
- If she doesn't like a particular food, though, don't scold her or try to force her to eat it.
- This is not the time or place to chide anyone, scold anyone, or roll out complicated policies and procedures.Advertisement
- While you shouldn't punish or scold your child for accidents, you should praise her each time she successfully uses the potty.
- Do you think a parent doesn't scold a child?
- scold a child?
- It is sometimes referred to as a ' scold 's bridle '.
- scold's bridle ' .Advertisement
- We teach our children to be curious and independent but then we scold then for getting accidentally lost.
- scold then for getting accidentally lost.
- It was from Helvetius that he learnt that, men being universally and solely governed by self-love, the so-called moral judgments are really the common judgments of any society as to its common interests; that it is therefore futile on the one hand to propose any standard of virtue, except that of conduciveness to general happiness, and on the other hand useless merely to lecture men on duty and scold them for vice; that the moralist's proper function is rather to exhibit the coincidence of virtue with private happiness; that, accordingly, though nature has bound men's interests together in many ways, and education by developing sympathy and the habit of mutual help may much extend the connexion, still the most effective moralist is the legislator, who by acting on self-love through legal sanctions may mould human conduct as he chooses.
- You would n't scold a youth for being young, would you?
- commotion in the tree as all sorts of mobsters move in to noisily scold the owl.Advertisement
- Donnie picked up a pair of long legged drawers and held them up with a smile but Edith snatched them away and shook her finger in a mock scold.