Schizophrenics sentence example
- For instance, paranoid schizophrenics who believe television can influence their thoughts may not be good candidates for services provided through video-conferencing.
- When spiritual schizophrenics are in church..., they use religious words about God and the Holy Spirit and prayer and faith.
- In the United States, schizophrenics occupy more hospital beds than patients suffering from cancer, heart disease, or diabetes.
- Family members of schizophrenics are ten times more prone to schizophrenia than the general population, and identical twins of schizophrenics have a 46 percent likelihood of having the illness themselves.
- Relatives of schizophrenics also have a higher incidence of other milder psychological disorders with some of the same symptoms as schizophrenia, such as suspicion, communication problems, and eccentric behavior.Advertisement
- Home movies have enabled other researchers to collect information about the childhood characteristics of adult schizophrenics.
- Before the disease becomes full-blown, schizophrenics may go through a period called the prodromal stage, lasting about a year, when they experience behavioral changes that precede and are less dramatic than those of the acute stage.
- During this stage, three-fourths of schizophrenics experience delusions, illogical and bizarre beliefs that are held despite objections.
- Catatonic schizophrenics may also experience periods of restless movement.
- The tendency of schizophrenics to discontinue medication is very harmful.Advertisement
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT, also called electric shock treatments) has been utilized to relieve symptoms of catatonia and depression in schizophrenics, especially in cases where medication is not effective.
- With the aid of antipsychotic medication to control delusions and hallucinations, about 70 percent of schizophrenics are able to function in society.