Schizognathous sentence example
- The schizognathous formation is doubtless the most primitive, and its representatives form a tolerably natural FIG.
- This skull is unusually schizognathous, the vomer (v.) being very small, and the maxillo - palatine process (mxp) much aborted.
- The Aegithognathae, meant to comprise the passeres, woodpeckers and swifts, &c., are really schizognathous but with a vomer which is broadly truncated in front.
- Essentially schizognathous.
- Parker.) gnathism has been produced in half a dozen ways, implying numerous cases of convergence without any nearer relationship than that they are all derived from some schizognathous group or other.