Schilling sentence example
- The application of this to telegraphic purposes was suggested by Laplace and taken up by Ampere, and afterwards by Triboaillet and by Schilling, whose work forms the foundation of much of modern telegraphy.
- In 1836 Cooke, to whom the idea appears to have been suggested by Schilling's method, invented a telegraph in which an alphabet was worked out by the single and combined movement of three needles.
- At the west end of the Lombards-Briicke there is a monument by Schilling, commemorating the war of 1870-71.
- The first two volumes of Dr C. Schilling's exhaustive work, Wilhelm Olbers, sein Leben and seine Werke, appeared at Berlin in 1894 and 1900, a third and later volume including his personal correspondence and biography.
- Close by is the Briihl Terrace, approached by a fine flight of steps, on which are groups, by Schilling, representing Morning, Evening, Day and Night.Advertisement
- The public monuments of Dresden also include the Moritz Monument, a relief dedicated by the elector Augustus to his brother Maurice, a statue of Weber the composer by Rietschel, a bronze statue of Theodor Korner by Hahne', the Rietschel monument on the Briihl Terrace by Schilling, a bust of Gutzkow, and a statue of Bismarck on the promenade.
- In the MS. of the chronicle of Diebold Schilling of Bern (c. 1480) there is in the picture of the battle of Sempach a warrior pierced with spears falling to the ground, which may possibly be meant for Winkelried; while in that of Diebold Schilling of Lucerne (1511), though in the text no allusion is made to any such incident, there is a similar picture of a man who has accomplished Winkelried's feat, but he is dressed in the colours of Lucerne.
- Opposite its main entrance is the Reformation monument, with bronze statues of Luther and Melanchthon, by Johann Schilling, unveiled in 1883.
- Either it takes quot overall the having curt schilling.
- I remember that the day the Latin paper was brought to us, Professor Schilling came in and informed me I had passed satisfactorily in German.Advertisement
- Paranormal activity at this haunted insane asylum centers on the death of one patient, a woman named Margaret Schilling.