Schiaparelli sentence example
- 6 More recently several men of science, including Sir Oliver Lodge in England, Professor Charles Richet in France, and Professors Schiaparelli and Morselli in Italy, have convinced themselves of the supernormal chaeacter (though not of any spiritualistic explanation) of certain physical phenomena that have occurred in the presence of a Neapolitan medium, Eusapia Palladino, though it is known that she frequently practises deception. ?
- Schiaparelli's I Precursori del Copernico nell' antichitd (Milano, 1873).
- Schiaparelli, Rome, 1897).
- Schiaparelli, Astronomy in the Old Testament, 1905).
- Schiaparelli, I Precursori di Copernico nell' Antichitd, p. (Milan, 1873).Advertisement
- Schiaparelli, Le Sfere omocentriche di Eudosso (Milan, 1876); T.
- Schiaparelli has done much towards gathering together this scattered material.
- Schiaparelli, Astronomy in the O.T., Eng.
- Schiaparelli has shown the relation in a striking manner.
- GIOVANNI VIRGINIO SCHIAPARELLI (1835-1910), Italian astronomer and senator of the kingdom of Italy, was born on the 14th of March 1835 at Savigliano in Piedmont.Advertisement
- 1783) in 1862, Schiaparelli succeeded to the directorship, a position which he held until Igloo.
- Schiaparelli, I Precursori del Copernico, pp. 23-28, Pubbl.
- Schiaparelli's announcement that the orbit of the bright comet of 1862 agreed strictly with the elliptic ring formed by the circulating Perseid meteors; and three other cases of close coincidence were soon afterwards brought to light.
- Schiaparelli, I Precursori del Copernico (1873); Le Sfere Omocentriche di Eudosso (1875); P. Jensen, Kosmologie der Babylonier (1890); F.
- Schiaparelli was primarily an observer-his first discovery was of the asteroid Hesperia in 1861-but he had also considerable mathematical gifts, as is shown in his treatment of orbital motions, published in 1864, and in other papers.Advertisement
- Chanel and her chief rival, Elsa Schiaparelli, promoted fun designs that were obviously fake and allowed the wearer to express herself.
- Later, Italian fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli designed one especially for air raids - it was the same functional style, complete with a gas mask, flask and velvet turban.