Scheelite sentence example
- Scheelite, another mineral of tungsten, is also found in Queensland.
- Tungsten is found as wolframite in Stevens county near Deer Trail and Bissell, in Okanogan county near Loomis, in Whatcom county near the international boundary, and (with some scheelite) at Silver Hill, near Spokane.
- His next discovery, in 1781, was the composition of the mineral tungsten, since called scheelite (calcium tungstate), from which he obtained tungstic acid.
- Scheelite >>
- TUNGSTEN [[[symbol]] W, atomic weight 184 o (0=16)], a metallic chemical element found in the minerals wolfram, an iron and manganese tungstate, scheelite, a calcium tungstate, stolzite, a lead tungstate, and in some rarer minerals.Advertisement
- Its presence in scheelite was detected by Scheele and Bergman in 1781, and in 1783 Juan, Jose and d'Elhuyar showed the same substance occurred in wolfram; they also obtained the metal.
- Many salts also occur in the mineral kingdom: for example, scheelite is CaWO 4, stolzite is PbWO 4, farberite is FeWO 4, wolfram is (Fe,Mn)WO 4, whilst hi bnerite is MnW04.