Scena sentence example
- Its scena is of rather irregular shape, and borders one of the narrow ends of the agora.
- At the foot of the Acropolis Hill, where the ground begins to rise, the theatre lies; and though the material of which this was built is rough, and only seven imperfect rows of seats remain, a good part of the scena and of the chambers behind it is preserved, and beneath these there runs a tunnel, which, together with other peculiar features, has raised interesting questions in connexion with the arrangement of the Greek theatre, the orchestra being at present on a level about 12 ft.
- below that of the rooms in the scena.
- The wooden stage has, of course, perished, but all its supporting structures are in place, and the great scena wall stands to its full height, and produces a magnificent impression whether from within or from without.
- Cantatas: Prometheus-chore; " Beethoven Cantata "; " An die Kiinstler "; Die Glocken des Strassburger Miinsters; 12 Chore far Mannergesang; Songs, 8 books; Scena, Jeanne d'Arc au bflcher.Advertisement
- The auditorium is little less perfect than that of Aspendus and very nearly as large; but the scena wall has collapsed over stage and proscenium in a cataract of loose blocks.
- The most interesting feature is the scena, which is unique in plan; it consisted of an oblong building of two storeys, surrounded on all sides by a low portico or terrace reaching to the level of the first floor.
- The auditorium is perfect in the lower part, and the scena still retains some of its decoration - both columns and carved entablature.