Scapa flow sentence example
- By the end of 1914, the entrances of Scapa Flow had been adequately protected, facilities for carrying out all but the most serious repairs were installed, and Scapa Flow gradually assumed the aspect of a great naval station, which it retained to the end of the war.
- Excepting on the west fronts of Pomona, Hoy and Rousay, the coast-line of the islands is deeply indented, and the islands themselves are divided from each other by straits generally called sounds or firths, though off the north-east of Hoy the designation Bring Deeps is used, south of Pomona is Scapa Flow and to the south-west of Eday is found the Fall of Warness.
- The plans of construction were, therefore, modified in 1908, but, up to the outbreak of war, Rosyth was regarded as the principal base and headquarters for the Grand Fleet, though it was decided that initial stations must be established at Cromarty (see Cromarty) and Scapa Flow (see Scapa Flow).
- Scapa Flow diver hospitalized A diver was taken to Balfour Hospital on Monday after suffering suspected decompression sickness in Scapa Flow.
- The OIC had advertised for parties interested on developing and constructing a trans-shipment container hub in Scapa Flow.Advertisement
- A little over a month later, on October 14, HMS Royal Oak was sunk by a German submarine in Scapa Flow.
- The agency first imposed the scallop fishing ban in Scapa Flow on June 14.
- The answer lies in the many wrecks on the seabed in an area that is closer to home for many divers than Scapa Flow.