Scantiest sentence example
- Daniel, Esther, i Esdras, Josephus), the historical narratives are of the scantiest and vaguest until the time of Artaxerxes, when the account of a return (Ezra iv.
- The details of his personal history are of the scantiest.
- In the light of these circumstances - and space here forbids more than the scantiest reference - we may reasonably suppose that the first book, with the exception of Ps.
- Both sexes go naked, or with the scantiest loin-cloth.
- The history of these Greek dynasties is for us almost a blank, and for estimating the amount and quality of Hellenism in Bactria during the 180 years or so of Macedonian and Greek rule, we are reduced to building hypotheses upon the scantiest data.Advertisement
- The wretched inmates were dependent for food upon the caprice of their gaolers or the charity of the benevolent; water was denied them except in the scantiest proportions; their only bedding was putrid straw.
- The clothing, when not a caricature of European dress, is of the scantiest, and the waggling tags in which the loin-cloths are tied behind early gave rise to fanciful stories that the inhabitants were naked and tailed.
- pp. 152-160); but, of course, in England and France 2 nothing was known of them beyond the scantiest notice, generally taken at second hand, in two or three publications.
- When you look at this richly colored black side-tie string bikini, with its minimal bottom proportions and the scantiest of triangle top fabric, modest will be the last word that comes to mind!