Scalps sentence example
- Usually it is found on the British coast encrusting rocks exposed at low tides, or on the flat surfaces formed by sandbanks overlying clay, the latter kind of colonies being known locally as "scalps."
- In the bottom half of the draw Jamie Cope claimed two notable scalps to move through to the quarter finals.
- Among his more famous hoaxes were the " Edict of the King of Prussia " (1773), already described; the fictitious supplement to the Boston Chronicle, printed on his private press at Passy in 1782, and containing a letter with an invoice of eight packs of 954 cured, dried, hooped and painted scalps of rebels, men, women and children, taken by Indians in the British employ; and another fictitious Letter from the Count de Schaumberg to the Baron Hohendorf commanding the Hessian Troops in America (1777) - the count's only anxiety is that not enough men will be killed to bring him in moneys he needs, and he urges his officer in command in America " to prolong the war.
- When using Bur oil, many people find their scalps do not shed as much and the redness and irritation also go away.
- A few patients are mildly sensitive to the gel or may get irritation from the rubbing of their scalps.Advertisement
- This is true of dandruff shampoos or formulations which are created for troubled or sensitive scalps.
- Many hair care lines are aware of the fact that consumers may have scalp issues, and so these lines will carry products specific to flaky or irritable scalps.
- Dermo-calm is formulated for sensitive scalps.
- The stylist also offers products for sensitive scalps, environmentally damaged (or "aged") hair and summer hair.
- Dry hair should be washed about three days per week, while oily scalps may benefit from a daily cleansing to remove buildup and restore body and lift.Advertisement
- Not only do black hair strands tend to lack moisture, but those with black hair often suffer from dry, itchy scalps as well.
- After the successful warrior's return the scalp or scalps captured were dried, mounted and consecrated by a solemn dance.
- Some tribes hung the scalps to their bridles, others to their shields, while some ornamented with them the outer seams of their leggings.
- Scalping was sometimes adopted by the whites in their wars with the Redskins, and bounties have been offered for scalps several times in American history.
- Natural scalps are subject to extreme vicissitudes: an area of many acres may be destroyed by a local change of current producing a deposit of sand or shingle over the scalp, or by exposure to frost at low tide in winter, or by accumulation of decomposing vegetable matter.Advertisement
- The chief localities of natural scalps on the British coast are Morecambe Bay in Lancashire and the flat eastern shores, especially that of the Wash of Lincoln, and similar shallow bays.
- These scalps are in some cases in the hands of private owners, and the Fisheries Department has made arrangements by which some local authorities, e.g.