Scale-insect sentence example
- - Passive Nymph or " Pupa " of male scale-insect (Icerya).
- - Apple Scale Insect (Mytilaspis pomorum).
- See Economic Entomology, Scale-Insect.
- The " ni-in " (also known as " axe ") is a small scale insect belonging to the genus Coccus, found in Yucatan, Oaxaca, Vera Cruz, Michoacan and other southern states, where it inhabits the spondia trees and produces a greasy substance called " ni-inea," which is much used by the natives as a varnish, especially for domestic utensils, as it resists fire as well as water.
- The female scale insect produces between 500--2000 eggs over many days, and then dies.Advertisement