Scafell pike sentence example
- m., while Scafell Pike is only 3210 ft.
- East of Wasdale lies the range of Scafell (q.v.), its chief points being Scafell (3162 ft.), Scafell Pike (3210), Lingmell (2649) and Great End (2984), while the line is continued over Esk Hause Pass (2490) along a fine line of heights (Bow Fell, 2960; Crinkle Crags, 2816), to embrace the head of Eskdale.
- In this tract is found the highest land in England, Scafell Pike reaching 3210 ft.
- Scafell and Scafell Pike (3162 and 3210 ft.), at the head of Wastwater, and Helvellyn (3118), at the head of Ullswater, are the loftiest amongst many summits the grandeur of whose outlines is not to be estimated by their moderate height.
- toddle in 1891, we see a common or garden boot-maker like Henry Stables toddling up Scafell Pike for a jaunt.Advertisement
- Now, in 1891, we see a common or garden boot-maker like Henry Stables toddling up Scafell Pike for a jaunt.