Scabious sentence example
- In the American button-bush the heads are globular, in some species of teazel elliptical, while in scabious and in composite plants, as sunflower, dandelion, thistle, centaury and marigold, they are somewhat hemispherical, with a flattened, slightly hollowed, or convex disk.
- Contracted or shortened form(Capitulum), Daisy,Dandelion, Scabious.
- daisyer in the year knapweed, scabious and oxeye daisies provide a nectar source for butterflies and other invertebrates.
- devil's bit scabious and sneezewort are due to seed introductions.
- Some such as fairy flax, devil's bit scabious and sneezewort are due to seed introductions.Advertisement
- Design a summer meadow with some spring plants but include marjoram, knapweed and scabious.
- In damp patches marsh valerian, devil's-bit scabious, marsh ragwort, water avens, meadowsweet and can be found.
- In very sheltered, stable areas more robust flowering plants can occur such as, rock-rose, small scabious, bloody crane's-bill and marjoram.
- Its food plant is devil's-bit scabious, which occurs on both of these habitat types.
- scabious bee.Advertisement
- They also have impressive displays of cowslips, small scabious and devil's-bit scabious and the widest range of orchids on the reserve.
- In addition, grazing and early cutting of hay meadows makes that field scabious often does not reaches the flowering stage.
- They spin a communal web near to large patches of their foodplant, Devils bit scabious.
- Species include bottle sedge, common cotton sedge, devil's-bit scabious and marsh violet growing over layers of Sphagnum mosses and brown mosses.
- It contains common broomrape, basil, marjoram, bladder campion, sweet violet, field scabious and birds foot trefoil.Advertisement
- 2), also in scabious (fig.
- This may be a major cause of the decline of the scabious bee.
- Sheeps Scabious (Jasione) - Dwarf perennials and annuals of the Bell-flower family.