Sbic sentence example
- The SBIC or Small Business Investment Companies is a financing arm of the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Are similar to venture capital firms, but under SBA regulations (an SBIC can only assume up to 49% of a company and the entrepreneur retains controlling interest in the corporation).
- An SBIC can invest in companies located anywhere in the United States or its territories.
- Business owners interested in working with an SBIC should consider a number of factors before approaching a participating corporation for funding.
- Each SBIC sets its own policies on how much to lend and the criteria it looks for when considering an application for funding.Advertisement
- Business owners should consider what type of financing they require before approaching an SBIC.
- In situations where a company requires a higher level of funding than one SBIC can provide, it is possible to work with more than one investor to receive the full amount needed.
- Usually, a business owner applies for SBIC funding by submitting a business plan containing a request for financing.
- The length of time the SBIC will require to complete their review changes.
- If the SBIC requests more information from you, make sure to supply what they request as swiftly as possible.Advertisement
- Another funding source for some women is small business investment companies or SBIC's.