Sawfly sentence example
- Currant and gooseberry are also attacked by sawfly larvae (Nematus ribesii and N.
- For all exposed sawfly larvae hellebore washes are most fatal, but they must not be used over ripe or ripening fruit, as the hellebore is poisonous.
- - A, Front of head of Sawfly (Pachynematus); a, labrum; b, clypeus; c, vertex; d, d, antennal cavities.
- Among these are the great spruce bark beetle (Dendroctonus micans) and defoliating insects such as the European sawfly (Gilpinia hercyniae ).
- gooseberry sawfly.Advertisement
- Filed under: In Our Garden -- Davina Jane @ 1:07 pm Gooseberry sawfly larvae have arrived!
- The QIC includes details of the hosts, description and life cycle, damage, sources and pest status of the European spruce sawfly.
- sawfly larvae, share some responsibility for ' leaf roll ' damage to rose bushes.
- sawfly caterpillars.
- Carry out a thorough weekly inspection of gooseberries from May onwards concentrating in the center of the bush for larvae of gooseberry sawfly.Advertisement
- Spike rush sawfly 23rd May 2005, Monday Arlington Reservoir, 23 May 2005.
- spruce sawfly.
- The larvae, along with some sawfly larvae, share some responsibility for ' leaf roll ' damage to rose bushes.
- Biological control: - No effective control against sawfly caterpillars.
- Sawfly larvae can at once be recognized by the curious positions they assume, and by the number of pro-legs, which exceeds ten.Advertisement