Savoys sentence example
- - Sow successional crops of Early Seville beans, and William I., American Wonder or other peas in the beginning and end of the month; early cabbages to follow the last sowing in August; red cabbages and savoys towards the end.
- In the beginning and also at the end of the month sow Early Strap-leaf and Early Snowball turnips and savoys.
- 25 a [[[Calendar (Great Britain]]) cabbage, savoys and Brussels sprouts for succession.
- - Sow main crop of beet in the first week, small salads every week, radishes and lettuces thrice, spinach once a fortnight, carrots and onions for late drawing, kidney-beans in the first week and together with scarlet runners in the last fortnight; endive for an early crop; also peas and Longpod and Windsor beans, cauliflowers, Early York or Little Pixie cabbages, Brussels sprouts, borecole, broccoli, savoys and kale for late crops.
- Plant full crops of broccoli, Brussels sprouts, savoys, kales, leeks and early celery, with successional crops of cabbage and cauliflower.Advertisement
- By cultivation the cellular tissue is often much increased, giving rise to the curled leaves of greens, savoys, cresses, lettuce, &c.
- It is in this way that cabbages and savoys are rendered more delicate and nutritious.
- From the 11th century the entire area was controlled by the Savoys, becoming a duchy in the Middle Ages.