Savantism sentence example
- The incidence of savantism in autism is one of the many mysteries of the condition.
- Learn about savantism and if the occurrence of savantism provide clues to possible autism causes.
- D., describes savantism as savant syndrome in which people with developmental or intellectual disabilities exhibit exceptional skills or a genius level ability.
- According to the Autism Research Institute, savantism occurs in 10 percent of the autistic population and in less than one percent of the nonautistic population.
- D. of the Autism Research Institute speculate that savantism may occur because some people with autism have the ability to focus their entire attention on a subject or activity with an intensity that few neurotypical people can copy.Advertisement
- Neurologist Dr. Bruce Miller found evidence of a possible connection between savantism and left hemisphere brain damage, which resulted in the right brain hemisphere compensating for the left hemisphere impairments.
- The ARC researchers hope that working with Tammet will provide evidence of how savantism occurs as well as its connection to autism.
- A Kings College London study found that savantism might occur in one in three autistic individuals rather than one in ten.
- Learning about the occurrence of savantism helps people realize that autism is a complex condition that also includes many positive aspects.