Savagely sentence example
- All concern for the victim vanished as he savagely consumed the life from her.
- A revolt of the Indians in Peru in 1780, which was savagely suppressed, forced the government to take note of the abuses of its colonial administration.
- "And I," savagely replied Saint-Just, "will make him carry his like a Saint Denis."
- The conspirators penetrated into the palace and savagely murdered King Alexander and Queen Draga in the early morning of the 11th of June 1903.
- Penguins bite savagely when molested, but are easily trained and display considerable intelligence, The Spheniscidae have been divided into at least eight genera, but three, or at most four, seem to be all that are needed, and ' The pterylographical characters of the penguins are well described by A.Advertisement
- On the 29th of November 1779 Fox was wounded in a duel with Mr William Adam, a supporter of Lord North's whom he had savagely denounced.
- This company met with strong opposition, culminating in a rising at Oporto (February 1757), which was savagely suppressed.
- The only direct reply made to the Explicatio was the Tractatus de vera excommunicatione (1590) by Theodore Beza, who found himself rather savagely attacked in the Confi y matio thesium; e.g."
- Its tone is savagely satirical for the most part.
- By the savagely grotesque climax, Veronica has been put through an emotional wringer the size of the Grand Canyon.Advertisement
- For over 20 years he has maintained control by rigging elections and referendums, savagely repressing all opposition and running a tame national media.
- But this was mitigated by a strong sense of humour (not always sarcastic, though sometimes savagely so), and by tenderness, best seen in his epistolary friendships with women; and it was quite overborne by an instinct and passion for great practical affairs.