Savagely sentence example
- All concern for the victim vanished as he savagely consumed the life from her.
- A revolt of the Indians in Peru in 1780, which was savagely suppressed, forced the government to take note of the abuses of its colonial administration.
- "And I," savagely replied Saint-Just, "will make him carry his like a Saint Denis."
- The conspirators penetrated into the palace and savagely murdered King Alexander and Queen Draga in the early morning of the 11th of June 1903.
- This company met with strong opposition, culminating in a rising at Oporto (February 1757), which was savagely suppressed.Advertisement
- Its tone is savagely satirical for the most part.
- The only direct reply made to the Explicatio was the Tractatus de vera excommunicatione (1590) by Theodore Beza, who found himself rather savagely attacked in the Confi y matio thesium; e.g."
- On the 29th of November 1779 Fox was wounded in a duel with Mr William Adam, a supporter of Lord North's whom he had savagely denounced.
- By the savagely grotesque climax, Veronica has been put through an emotional wringer the size of the Grand Canyon.
- For over 20 years he has maintained control by rigging elections and referendums, savagely repressing all opposition and running a tame national media.Advertisement
- But this was mitigated by a strong sense of humour (not always sarcastic, though sometimes savagely so), and by tenderness, best seen in his epistolary friendships with women; and it was quite overborne by an instinct and passion for great practical affairs.