Sausalito sentence example
- Oakland, Berkeley, the home of the State University (damaged by the earthquake), and Alameda, all eastward just across the bay; Burlingame, San Mateo, Menlo Park and Palo Alto, wealthy and fashionable towns southward on the peninsula; Sausalito and San Rafael, summer residence towns on the northern peninsula across the Golden Gate; all lie well within an hour of San Francisco, and are practically suburbs of the metropolis.
- The 1.7-mile bridge connects the city of San Francisco with Marin County, home to art community of Sausalito, Muir Woods, and gateway to the California wine country.
- Many of the companies will also package their tours with visits to Muir Woods, Sonoma Plaza, Sausalito, Monterey and other sights of interest along the wine routes.
- Visit the hidden Marin county treasure of Sausalito, a perfect place for lunching, shopping, and exploring a city with almost as much history and value as San Francisco itself.
- The Powell-Hyde cable car goes right by the hotel, right past Chinatown, over Nob Hill, past Lombard_Street - "the crookedist street" - and on to Fisherman's Wharf where boats depart for Sausalito, Tiburon and Alcatraz Island.Advertisement
- Ferries shuttled cars, trucks and pedestrians back and forth from the foot of Hyde Street to Sausalito.