Satyric sentence example
- Aeschylus wrote a satyric drama on the subject.
- The story of Silenus was often the subject of Athenian satyric drama.
- A monument was erected by the inhabitants of Phlius in honour of Pratinas's son Aristias, who, with his father, enjoyed the reputation of excelling all, with the exception of Aeschylus, in the composition of satyric dramas, one of which was called Cyclops.
- There was a play by Chaeremon called Achilles the Thersites-slayer, probably a satyric drama, the materials of which were taken from the Aethiopis of Arctinus.
- A few well-turned lines which have been preserved from Lycophron's tragedies show a much better style; they are said to have been much admired by Menedemus of Eretria, although the poet had ridiculed him in a satyric drama.Advertisement
- They are either mythological travesties (resembling the satyric drama of Athens) or character comedies.
- Glaucus was the subject of a satyric drama by Aeschylus.
- Pratinas was also the introducer of satyric dramas as a species of entertainment distinct from tragedy, in which the rustic merry-makings and the extravagant dances of the satyrs were retained.