Satyr sentence example
- In one of these monuments was the famous Satyr of Praxiteles.
- Amymone having thrown her spear at a stag, missed it, but hit a satyr asleep in the brake.
- The satyr pursued her, and she called for help on Poseidon, who appeared, and for love of her beauty caused a spring to well up, which received her name.
- Her beauty attracted Zeus, who, assuming the form of a satyr, took her by force (Apollodorus iii.
- She is a kind of female satyr, who resides in caves and strangles and perverts men.Advertisement
- One of the more remarkable intaglios depicts a satyr holding a bunch of grapes, in a silver ring from Weybourne in Norfolk.
- satyr play, theater seems to eschew naked flesh.
- satyr drama relate to comedy and tragedy; how closely was it tied to its tragic trilogy?
- Hence, perhaps, her pose leaning against a plinth bearing a statuette of a dancing satyr.
- Except in the satyr play, theater seems to eschew naked flesh.Advertisement
- How did satyr drama relate to comedy and tragedy; how closely was it tied to its tragic trilogy?
- Satyrs (Satyr) >>