Satirizes sentence example
- Grave as most of his writings are, they include a short description of a crossing from Jersey to Granville, in which he satirizes English character and customs, and reveals an unexpected sense of humour.
- The artificial character of the diction renders it in emotional passages stilted and even absurd, and makes Canning's clever caricature - The Loves of the Triangles - often remarkably like the poem it satirizes: in some passages, however, it is not without a stately appropriateness.
- By his immediate successors he was variously estimated: Plato satirizes him in the early dialogues; Aristophanes in the Tayrjvtarai.
- And finally, The video, Addicted to Oil, satirizes attitudes toward fossil fuels.
- In avoiding the literary conceits and fopperies which he satirizes he has recourse to the most unnatural contortions of expression.Advertisement