Satirists sentence example
- The clergy and the fair sex presented the most attractive target for the shots of the satirists.
- Like all great satirists, Orton was a realist.
- If there are any more Christian satirists out there, will you please stand up?
- He was not only the first in point of time, and according to ancient testimony one of the first in point of merit, among the comic poets of Rome, and in spirit, though not in form, the earliest of the line of Roman satirists, but he was also the oldest of the national poets.
- The statement of Porphyrion, the old commentator on Horace, that Florus himself wrote satires, is probably erroneous, but he may have edited selections from the earlier satirists (Ennius, Lucilius, Varro).Advertisement
- This is apparent to all students of Machiavelli and Guicciardini, the profoundest analysts of their age, the bitterest satirists of its vices, but themselves infected with its incapacity for moral goodness.
- He ranks as one of the three leading satirists on the patriot side during the War of Independence.
- Bona's grace and beauty speedily fascinated Sigismund, and contemporary satirists ridiculed him for playing the part of Jove to her Juno.