Saskatchewan river sentence example
- Chemawinite or cedarite is an amber-like resin from the Saskatchewan river in Canada.
- Trees become more numerous also northward in the province, until in the region north of the North Saskatchewan river forests are again met with.
- Running eastward these two rivers unite about 112° W., and flow on under the name of the South Saskatchewan river.
- On the north side of the Saskatchewan river forests prevail for scores and even hundreds of miles.
- By way of the North Saskatchewan river Alexander Mackenzie crossed the height of land, and proceeding northward discovered the river which bears his name, and also the Arctic Sea.Advertisement
- All of these are rapid and shallow, affording navigation only for canoes; but the largest of them, Nelson river, drains the great Manitoban lakes, Winnipeg, Winnipegosis and Manitoba, which are frequented by steamers, and receive the waters of Lake-of-the-Woods, Lake Seul and many others emptying into Winnipeg river from Ontario; of Red river coming in from the United States to the south; and of the southern parts of the Rocky Mountains and the western prairie provinces drained by the great Saskatchewan river.
- North of the Saskatchewan river groves or " bluffs " of trees begin, and somewhat farther north the plains are generally wooded, because of the slightly more humid climate.
- It is picturesquely situated on the north bank of the North Saskatchewan river in 113° 37 W.
- above the river, and overlooks the thickly wooded valley of the North Saskatchewan river - at this point a mile in width, the river itself being oneeighth of a mile wide.
- The completion of the St Andrew's Rapids canal on Red River, and the Grand Rapids canal on the Saskatchewan river will again give an impetus to inland navigation on the tributaries of Lake Winnipeg.Advertisement
- Running eastward these two rivers unite about 112Ã‚° W., and flow on under the name of the South Saskatchewan river.
- It is picturesquely situated on the north bank of the North Saskatchewan river in 113Ã‚° 37 W.