Sarcoptes sentence example
- Sarcoptidae (Sarcoptes, Analges).
- Sarcoptic Mange is caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei, which also causes human scabies.
- SCABIES, or Itch, a skin disease due to an animal parasite, the Sarcoptes scabei (see Mite), which burrows under the epidermis at any part of the body, but hardly ever in the face or scalp of adults; it usually begins at the clefts of the fingers, where its presence may be inferred from several scattered pimples, which will probably have been torn at their summits by the scratching of the patient, or have been otherwise converted into vesicles or pustules.
- Scabies is a relatively contagious infection caused by a tiny mite called Sarcoptes scabiei.
- Occasionally, a type of mite carried on dogs (Sarcoptes scabiei var. canis) may infect humans.Advertisement
- The itch-insect (Sarcoptes scabiei) is a well-known human parasite, so minute that it was not discovered until the end of the 18th century, and " the itch " was treated medicinally as a rash.