Sappers sentence example
- He had no adequate corps of sappers and miners, or transport train.
- He entered the engineer branch in 1838, served in the campaigns in the Caucasus, rose to be colonel, and commanded the sappers and miners at the siege of Kars in 1855.
- Immediately after his return he sent to Austria and Prussia for as many sappers, miners, engineers and carpenters as money could procure.
- The royal engineers are 4 regiments of sappers and miners, I of pontooners, I battalion of telegraph engineers, I of railway engineers with cyclists, I balloon corps, and ~ colonial corps.
- After a road had been cut on the virgin heath the Steam Sappers hauled wagons from the supply railhead at Tongham.Advertisement
- No attempt was made to entrench the position systematically, but on the left the 2nd and 3rd Corps made some disconnected shelter trenches and gun-pits, while the 4th Corps in the centre began to improve available cover about an hour before the battle began, and the 6th corps on the right, not yet having received any entrenching tools, could do no more than improvise a few loopholes in the walls of the villages of St Privat and Roncourt with such tools as the sappers could obtain from the inhabitants.
- At 0325 two Israeli sappers blew the gate, and the Palmachniks pushed on to the Jewish Quarter.
- Offering challenging battle scenarios with armies of Infantry, Archers, Spearman and Sappers with up close and personal combat, Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders will provide hours of enjoyment for strategy and RPG gamers.
- Control armies of Infantry, Archers, Spearman and Sappers.
- - These are formed into battalions of pioneers, railway troops, telegraph troops, sappers and miners, &c.; in all II battalions (55 companies) numbering 245 officers and 10,470 men.Advertisement
- A small battalion of Karens enlisted as sappers and miners proved a failure and had to be disbanded.