Sapper sentence example
- 2 The art of the sapper and miner, the use of siege instruments like the mangonel, and the employment of various "fires" as missiles, were all known among the Mahommedans; and in all these respects the Franks learned from their enemies.
- Goodman, Gordon, Holmes, Maudslay, Mercer, Putnam, Sapper, Marshall H.
- The average temperatures for these months at places of different altitudes, as given by Dr Karl Sapper, are shown on the following page.
- Mendez, Guia del immigrante en la republica de Guatemala (Guatemala, 1895); Karl Sapper, "Grundziige der physikalischen Geographie von Guatemala," Erganzungshef t No.
- The Indian army consists of 138 battalions of infantry, 10 regiments of cavalry, 16 mountain batteries, i garrison artillery company, 32 sapper and miner companies (2 railways companies included).Advertisement
- This was extremely generous, when compared to the infantryman's one shilling and the ordinary sapper 's two shillings and sixpence.
- sapper officer who was originally in command, disappears overboard during the night.
- plates; Berlin, 1890); Carl Sapper, Das niirdliche Mittel-Amerika (Braunschweig, 1897); Caecilie Saler, Auf alten Wegen in Mexico and Guatemala (Berlin, 1900); Eduard K.
- This was extremely generous, when compared to the infantryman 's one shilling and the ordinary sapper 's two shillings and sixpence.
- The delirious sapper officer who was originally in command, disappears overboard during the night.Advertisement