São salvador sentence example
- The larger and more important of these are Todos os Santos, on which is located the city of Sao Salvador or Bahia, and Rio de Janeiro or Guanabara, beside which stands the capital of the republic. These two are freely accessible to the largest ships afloat.
- The comparatively short lines extending inland from the ports of Sao Salvador (Bahia), Pernambuco, Maceio, Victoria and Paranagua serve only a narrow zone along the coast.
- The substitution of electricity for animal traction was begun in Sao Salvador in 1906.
- There are smaller arsenals at Para, Pernambuco, Sao Salvador and Ladario (Matto Grosso) and a shipbuilding yard of considerable importance at the Rio de Janeiro arsenal.
- The new city, to which the name of Sao Salvador was given, was established on the heights above the Bay of All Saints (Todos os Santos), from which its later name of Bahia is taken.Advertisement
- The capital, Sao Salvador or Bahia, which is one of the principal cities and ports of Brazil, is the export town for the Reconcavo, as the fertile agricultural district surrounding the bay is called.
- The mean annual temperature at Sao Salvador do Congo is 72.5° F.; at Loanda, 74.3 0; and at Caconda, 67.2°.
- Bembe and Encoje are smaller towns in the Congo district south of Sao Salvador.
- In 1627 the bishop's seat was removed to Sao Paulo de Loanda and Sao Salvador declined in importance.
- The mean annual temperature at Sao Salvador do Congo is 72.5Ã‚° F.; at Loanda, 74.3 0; and at Caconda, 67.2Ã‚°.Advertisement