Sandstorms sentence example
- So when the hot sandstorms blow in the lower steppe the scorching heat is carried right up to the foot of the mountains.
- Imagine a million square miles of empty desert, an unmapped land patched with treacherous quicksand, a blisteringly hot place lashed by sandstorms.
- Then there are night races and blinding sandstorms to struggle through not forgetting the odd throwing ax or javelin that may come your way.
- But in January 2002 they still held nearly 1,500, living in harsh conditions of intense heat and affected by sandstorms.
- The city had been plunged into a fiery orange fog by the worst sandstorms in living memory.Advertisement
- The hills surrounding the city on all sides shelter it from the sandstorms which afflict some parts of New Mexico, and its pleasant climate, attractive mountain scenery and historical interest make it a favourite resort.
- Violent sandstorms are frequent from June to August.
- Earthquakes are common among the mountains, and the eastern lowlands are exposed to the great winds and sandstorms which sweep down the Alfdld.
- During a large part of the year, and more especially in spring, the atmosphere is heavily charged with sand, and blinding sandstorms (burans) are of frequent occurrence.