Sandhurst sentence example
- BENDIGO (formerly Sandhurst), a city of Bendigo county, Victoria, Australia, 101 m.
- He was educated at Eton and Sandhurst, obtained a commission in the Coldstream Guards in 1883, and served through the Suakin campaign of 1885.
- In addition to this there is the land at Sandhurst and the Staff College (Camberley) about 62 m.
- Educated at Sandhurst, he received a commission in the Grenadier Guards in 1845, being captain 1850, lieutenantcolonel 1857, colonel 1867, major-general 1877 and lieutenantgeneral 1882.
- Failing health obliged him to return to England; and in 1808, being then a lieutenant, he entered on a distinguished student career in the senior department of the Royal Military College at Sandhurst.Advertisement
- He drew up the manifesto issued in 1874 by the young king Alphonso XII., at that time a cadet at Sandhurst; but he dissented from the military men who were actively conspiring to organize an Alphonsist pronunciamiento.
- absolutely awesome 2 Sandhurst mirrors on my first day there!
- ensign in the 70 th foot, in October 1824, having been a Cadet at Sandhurst.
- In 1823 he was appointed one of the teachers of mathematics at the military college of Sandhurst, and in 1833 he was appointed actuary to the Amicable Life Assurance Office, the oldest institution of that kind in London; in which situation he remained till his death on the 1st of November 1851.
- Shortly afterwards he proceeded to Sandhurst to continue his military studies, and while there he issued, on the 1st of December 1874, in reply to a birthday greeting from his followers, a manifesto proclaiming himself the sole representative of the Spanish monarchy.Advertisement
- James lived a rather upper-crust existence, attending several prestigious British schools including Woolhampton, Harrow, Bristol University, and the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
- On December 16, 2006, Kate attended her first event as a royal guest at the Prince William's passing out parade at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.