Sandbars sentence example
- In both classes navigation is greatly impeded by sandbars at the mouths of these rivers, while in the districts of periodical rainfall it is greatly restricted in the dry season.
- This coast has no bays of importance, its rivers are obstructed by sandbars, and it has only one natural harbour - that of Carmen and the Laguna de Terminos, which has sufficient depth for the larger classes of vessels and is sheltered by the islands of Carmen and Puerto Real.
- An Osprey, Black Skimmers, Willets and Laughing Gulls sat on the exposed sandbars of RÃo San CristÃ³bal.
- The 3 crew took our packs and pushed the boat over the shifting sandbars that had hampered our trip down the river.
- Similar patterns of development sometimes exacerbate the consequences of collapse of the unconsolidated sediments forming sandbars.Advertisement
- The Gulf Plains have a coast line of about 400 m., and are: bordered along the Gulf of Mexico by a series of long narrow islands and peninsulas, or sandbars, which have been formed by the waves breaking on the shelving shore.