Sandbars sentence example
- In both classes navigation is greatly impeded by sandbars at the mouths of these rivers, while in the districts of periodical rainfall it is greatly restricted in the dry season.
- This coast has no bays of importance, its rivers are obstructed by sandbars, and it has only one natural harbour - that of Carmen and the Laguna de Terminos, which has sufficient depth for the larger classes of vessels and is sheltered by the islands of Carmen and Puerto Real.
- and Luy, and on the right by the Midouze, which is formed by the union of the Douze and the Midour, and is navigable for 27 m.; now taking a south-westerly course it receives on the left the Gave de Pau, which is a more voluminous river than the Adour itself, and flowing past Bayonne enters the sea through a dangerous estuary, in which sandbars are formed, after a total course of 208 m., of which 82 are navigable.
- An Osprey, Black Skimmers, Willets and Laughing Gulls sat on the exposed sandbars of RÃo San CristÃ³bal.
- The 3 crew took our packs and pushed the boat over the shifting sandbars that had hampered our trip down the river.Advertisement
- Similar patterns of development sometimes exacerbate the consequences of collapse of the unconsolidated sediments forming sandbars.
- Glaucous Gulls on the offshore sandbars to the East of Burry Port, Ivory Gull, 1 record at BPH.
- sandbars in the middle.
- Picks up most swells with lefts and rights off both sides of the Bay and sandbars in the middle.
- The Gulf Plains have a coast line of about 400 m., and are: bordered along the Gulf of Mexico by a series of long narrow islands and peninsulas, or sandbars, which have been formed by the waves breaking on the shelving shore.Advertisement