Sandbar sentence example
- Fraser Island is the largest sandbar in the world, stretching for 120 km.
- The island we know as "Ellis Island" is a 3.3 acre sandbar near the mouth of the Hudson River.
- The Hood The old crocodile was lying on a sandbar in the river.
- This subsidiary basin is separated from the Caspian by a narrow sandbar, pierced by a strait 14 m.
- Originally an island, this headland was in classical times, as now, connected by a narrow bar with the lower promontory of Hagios Nikolaos on the north; it is now united to the mainland also by the sandbar already mentioned.Advertisement