Sand-bars sentence example
- These Chaco rivers are obstructed by sand bars and snags, which could be removed only by an expenditure of money unwarranted by the present population and traffic. In the southern pampa.
- These streams are navigable for short distances, but are obstructed by sand-bars at their mouths, that of Cotinguiba being especially dangerous.
- Most of the rivers flowing into the Gulf are obstructed by sand-bars and navigable only during high-water from January to April.
- The others are either difficult of access, or are rendered practically useless by dangerous reefs, sand bars and shoals.
- The river-mouths are obstructed by sand bars and admit small vessels only.Advertisement
- The German portion of the peninsula is generally similar to that of western Jutland, the main difference lying in the occurrence of islands (the North Frisian) off the west coast in place of sand-bars and lagoons.
- Below Astrakhan navigation is difficult, and on the sand-bars at the mouth the maximum depth is only 12 ft.
- With the exception of the first three, these rivers have short navigable channels, but they are open only to vessels of light draught because of sand-bars at their mouths.
- long and the sand-bars at its mouth have only 7 or 8 ft.
- above its mouth, which is closed by sand-bars to all but light-draught vessels, and for 93 m.Advertisement
- In almost every instance the mouths of the rivers are obstructed by sand bars.
- long and receives many affluents from the mountainous region through which it passes, but its course is very precipitous and its mouth obstructed by sand bars.
- Few of them therefore are of much service for navigation, except for the light-draught native canoes; and all of them are more or less closed at their outlets by sand-bars.
- In the spring freshets it is a magnificent stream, but in summer its volume greatly shrinks, and it is normally a broad, shallow, sluggish, stream, flowing through interlacing channels among the sand-bars it heaps athwart its course.