Sand-bar sentence example
- A large sand bar obstructs the entrance to the river, which is not quite 1 m.
- The port is now nearly filled up, has a sand-bar at its entrance and can be reached only by small craft.
- There is a sand-bar at the entrance to the river, but at the lowest state of the tide there are 26 ft.
- At Port Natal, however, the removal of the sand bar at its entrance has made available a third magnificent harbour, while at Table Bay (Cape Town) and at other places ports have been constructed.
- It is here obstructed by a sand-bar over which there is 12-14 ft.Advertisement
- In the sand-hills the sand-bar willow of the rivers and the cottonwood growing naturally, evidence the good conditions of moisture; and the forestation of much of the region is undoubtedly possible.
- Ormarah, Khor Kalmat, Pasni and Gwadar are all somewhat difficult of approach by reason of a sand-bar which appears to extend along the whole coastline, and which is very possibly the last evidence of a submerged ridge; and they are all subject to a very lively surf under certain conditions of wind.
- it is navigable for vessels of over r000 tons, and were it not for the enormous sand bar which lies across the mouth, ships of almost any size could lie at the port of Bangkok about that distance from the sea (see Bangkok).