Sanatoria sentence example
- At Peekskill are the Peekskill military academy (1833, nonsectarian); St Mary's school, Mount St Gabriel (Protestant Episcopal), a school for girls established by the sisterhood of St Mary; the Field memorial library; St Joseph's home (Roman Catholic); the Peekskill hospital, and several sanatoria.
- Among institutions may be mentioned the grammar school, founded in 1674, the public library and museum, and a number of hospitals and sanatoria.
- Sanatoria have started up all over Europe and elsewhere for its treatment on the open-air principle.
- The present town is well built and is becoming a favourite watering-place on account of its sea-bathing and numerous sanatoria.
- Among its institutions are the Ferguson Library (1882; with 16,000 volumes in 1909), several private schools, a Y.M.C.A., the Stamford Hospital (private, 1893), two private sanatoria, the Convent of our Lady of Lourdes, St John's Church House, a day nursery (1902), with dispensary and kindergarten, and the Stamford Children's Home (1895).Advertisement
- There are in England a number of vegetarian restaurants and boardinghouses, one hospital and one or two sanatoria, In Germany and America there are many institutions where flesh is only prescribed in special cases.
- In the religious world the Seventh-Day Adventists (who are connected with many sanatoria and the manufacture of food specialities) and some Bible Christians, the worshippers of Vishnu and the Swami Narang and Vishnoi sects, amongst others, preach abstinence from flesh food.
- On the neighbouring mountains are several summer hotels and sanatoria.
- The middle zone of the Cameroon mountain has, however, a temperate climate and affords excellent sites for sanatoria.
- Along the shore of Lakes Fowler and La Belle are some beautiful country estates, several large hotels and fine club houses, and two sanatoria.Advertisement
- The Gota canal route, however, is used by many; the uplands of Dalecarlia (Dalarne) are frequented; and the railway through the Jemtland highlands to Trondhjem gives access to a beautiful region, where numerous sanatoria are in favour with the Swedes themselves.
- It stands within grounds 92 acres in extent, half a mile north of Godalming, and consists of spacious buildings in Gothic style, with a chapel, library and hall, besides boarding-houses, masters' houses and sanatoria.
- Four or five sanatoria are in the neighbourhood.
- The climate is remarkably equable, being relatively warm in winter and cool in summer; the average temperature in July is 61.7° F., and in January 40.3° The town contains numerous handsome buildings, including municipal buildings, churches, various places of entertainment, sanatoria and hospitals, a public library and a science and art school.
- The climate is remarkably equable, being relatively warm in winter and cool in summer; the average temperature in July is 61.7Ã‚° F., and in January 40.3Ã‚° The town contains numerous handsome buildings, including municipal buildings, churches, various places of entertainment, sanatoria and hospitals, a public library and a science and art school.Advertisement
- By 1960s the need for large scale sanatoria had ceased.
- You probably do n't remember the old days of the TB sanatoria.
- The fever hospitals and the tuberculosis sanatoria have now gone.