San-salvador sentence example
- Throughout the island there are numerous monasteries and other buildings of Venetian erection, of which the best known are Paleocastrizza, San Salvador and Pelleka.
- When the Dutch West India Company was formed he was Director on the Rotterdam Board, and in 1624 he served as second in command of the fleet which took San Salvador in Bahia de Todos os Santos in Brazil.
- Christopher Columbus planted the Spanish flag on San Salvador upon his first landfall in the Americas in 1492.
- This was a very tiny village just outside of San Salvador.
- Cat Island was long supposed to be the island first reached by Columbus (12th October 1492) and named by him San Salvador.Advertisement
- Balsam of Tolu, produced by Myroxylon toluiferum, a native of Venezuela and New Granada; balsam of Peru, derived from Myroxylon Pereirae, a native of San Salvador in Central America; Mexican and Brazilian elemi, produced by various species of Icica or "incense trees," and the liquid exudation of an American species of Liquidambar, are all used as incense in America.
- Nueva San Salvador is an attractive town with a large and growing trade.
- The contest was finally settled in favour of Carrera, who besieged and occupied San Salvador and made himself dominant also in Honduras and Nicaragua.