San-salvador sentence example
- SONSONATE, the capital of the department of Sonsonate, Salvador; on the river Sensunapan and the railway from San Salvador to the Pacific port of Acajutla, 13 m.
- Throughout the island there are numerous monasteries and other buildings of Venetian erection, of which the best known are Paleocastrizza, San Salvador and Pelleka.
- The principal defences of Havana under Spanish rule, when the city was maintained as a military stronghold of the first rank, were (to use the original and unabbreviated form of the names) the Castillo de San Salvador de la Punta, to the W.
- When the Dutch West India Company was formed he was Director on the Rotterdam Board, and in 1624 he served as second in command of the fleet which took San Salvador in Bahia de Todos os Santos in Brazil.
- Christopher Columbus planted the Spanish flag on San Salvador upon his first landfall in the Americas in 1492.Advertisement
- This was a very tiny village just outside of San Salvador.
- Cat Island was long supposed to be the island first reached by Columbus (12th October 1492) and named by him San Salvador.
- Balsam of Tolu, produced by Myroxylon toluiferum, a native of Venezuela and New Granada; balsam of Peru, derived from Myroxylon Pereirae, a native of San Salvador in Central America; Mexican and Brazilian elemi, produced by various species of Icica or "incense trees," and the liquid exudation of an American species of Liquidambar, are all used as incense in America.
- above the level of the sea, more especially about the neighbourhood of Chiconquiaco, and near San Salvador on the eastern slope of the Cofre de Perote.
- NUEVA SAN SALVADOR, or Santa Tecla, the capital of the department of La Libertad, Salvador; on the railway between San Salvador (10 m.Advertisement
- Nueva San Salvador is an attractive town with a large and growing trade.
- The contest was finally settled in favour of Carrera, who besieged and occupied San Salvador and made himself dominant also in Honduras and Nicaragua.