San-marino sentence example
- By his consummate generalship and the matchless endurance of his men the pursuers were evaded and San Marino reached, though with a sadly diminished force.
- The small republic of San Marino is the only other enclave in Italian territory.
- Of free commonwealths there now survived only Venice, which, together with Spain, achieved for Europe the victory of Lepanto in 1573; Genoa, which, after the ineffectual Fieschi revolution in 1547, abode beneath the rule of the great Doria family, and held a feeble sway in Corsica; and the two insignificant republics of Lucca and San Marino.
- The only Latin countries in which conflict has not arisen appear to be the principality of Andorra and the republic of San Marino (Giron y Areas, SituaciOn juridica de la Iglesia Catolica, Madrid, 1905, p. 173 et seq.).
- 30, who argues that the republic of San Marino is a state in the full sense.Advertisement
- LIECHTENSTEIN, the smallest independent state in Europe, save San Marino and Monaco.
- Semi-sovereign states, such as San Marino or Egypt, may make conventions upon topics within their limited competence.
- Corps from Pecori-Giraldi, and it had been gradually withdrawn from its old positions to hold a line that ran from near San Marino in the Brenta gorge nearly due E.
- (elected 1730), named him legate of Ravenna, in which capacity he incurred the pope's displeasure by the strong and unwarrantable measures he adopted to reduce the little republic of San Marino to subjection to Rome.
- The foremost foothill of the range is the steep crag of Mons Titanus, crowned by the towers of the republic of San Marino.Advertisement
- inland towns often positioned on hilltops like San Marino.