San-carlos sentence example
- The city is connected with Barcelona and Valencia by the coast railway, and with Saragossa by the Ebro valley line; it is also the terminus of a railway to San Carlos de la Rapita on the Mediterranean.
- The college of San Carlos was founded in 1770, and the school of medicine in 1792.
- The academy of San Carlos and school of fine arts (founded in 1778) likewise contains good collections of paintings and statuary.
- Its chief right-hand tributaries are the San Carlos and Sarapiqui.
- The Bay of San Carlos on the northern coast of Chiloe, which opens upon the narrow Chacao channel, has the port of Ancud, or San Carlos, and is rated an excellent harbour for vessels of light and medium draught.Advertisement
- After Major John Bullis sacked him as chief of scouts at San Carlos in December, 1890, Sieber became a prospector.
- In 1775 the Spanish ship, San Carlos captained by Juan Manuel de Ayala passed through the Golden Gate as the first Europeans to explore and chart the Bay Area.