San-carlos sentence example
- The city is connected with Barcelona and Valencia by the coast railway, and with Saragossa by the Ebro valley line; it is also the terminus of a railway to San Carlos de la Rapita on the Mediterranean.
- of Monterrey; San Carlos (6871 in 18 95), 57 m.
- of San Cristobal, and chiefly distinguished for its fine church and convent dedicated to San Domingo; Pichucalco (8549), Tenejapa (7936), San Antonio (6715), Cintalape (6455), La Concordia (6291), San Carlos (5977), and Ococingo (5667).
- The college of San Carlos was founded in 1770, and the school of medicine in 1792.
- below Saragossa; the irrigation canal of Tauste skirts the opposite bank for a shorter distance; and the San Carlos or New Canal affords direct communication between Amposta at the head of the delta and the harbour of Los Alfaques.Advertisement
- The academy of San Carlos and school of fine arts (founded in 1778) likewise contains good collections of paintings and statuary.
- Its chief right-hand tributaries are the San Carlos and Sarapiqui.
- of the harbour entrance; the Castillo de Los Tres Reyes del Morro and San Carlos de la Cabana, to the E.; the Santo Domingo de Atares, at the head of the western arm of the bay, commanding the city and its vicinity; and the Castillo del Principe (1767-1780), situated inland on an eminence to the W.
- The Bay of San Carlos on the northern coast of Chiloe, which opens upon the narrow Chacao channel, has the port of Ancud, or San Carlos, and is rated an excellent harbour for vessels of light and medium draught.
- After Major John Bullis sacked him as chief of scouts at San Carlos in December, 1890, Sieber became a prospector.Advertisement
- provost marshal at San Carlos he successfully kept the peace.
- In 1775 the Spanish ship, San Carlos captained by Juan Manuel de Ayala passed through the Golden Gate as the first Europeans to explore and chart the Bay Area.