San bernardino sentence example
- Thousands of artesian wells have been bored, the region between Los Angeles, Santa Clara and San Bernardino being one of the most important artesian well regions of the world.
- Thus the Simplon is first certainly mentioned in 1235, the St Gotthard (without name) in 1236, the Lukmanier in 965, the San Bernardino in 941; of course they may have been known before, but authentic history is silent as regards them till the dates specified.
- Leaving to the west the road over the San Bernardino Pass, 6769 ft.
- In a few localities, notably in South Dakota, the Yakima valley of Washington, San Joaquin, and San Bernardino valleys of California, San Luis valley of Colorado, and Utah valley of Utah, water from artesian wells was also used for the irrigation of from 1 to 160 acres.
- The Mohave desert - embracing Kern, Los Angeles and San Bernardino - as also a large part of San Diego, Imperial and Riverside counties, belong to the " Great Basin," while a narrow strip along the Colorado river is in the " Open Basin Region."Advertisement
- At the two ends of Cajon Pass, only four or five kilometres apart, are the two utterly distinct floras of the Mohave desert and the San Bernardino valley.
- In borax (of which California's output in 1904 was 45,647 tons) and structural materials San Bernardino has a long lead.
- Eight other cities had populations of more than 5000 - Riverside City (7973), Vallejo (7965), Eureka (7327), Santa Rosa (6673), Santa Barbara (6587), San Bernardino (6156), Santa Cruz (5659), and Pomona (5526).
- There are state hospitals for the insane at Agnew, Santa Clara county; at Stockton, San Joaquin county; at Napa, Napa county; at Patton, San Bernardino county; and, with a colony of tubercular patients, at Ukiah, Mendocino county.
- In March of 2009, another Extreme Makeover: Home Edition incorporated solar panels into the design of a home for the Almquist family in San Bernardino County in California.Advertisement
- Ontario International Airport: The Ontario International Airport (ONT) is a good option for those looking for something near San Bernardino or Riverside.