Samarskite sentence example
- Cleveite, samarskite and fergusonite contain a little more than monazite.
- The rare earth metals are found in the minerals gadolinite, samarskite, fergusonite, euxenite and cerite.
- It is usually found associated with tantalum, the chief minerals containing these two elements being tantalite, columbite, fergusonite and yttrotantalite; it is also a constituent of pyrochlor, euxenite and samarskite.
- Throughout his life he paid great attention to the "rare earths" and the problem of separating and distinguishing them; in 1878 he extracted ytterbia from what was supposed to be pure erbia, and two years later found gadolinia and samaria in the samarskite earths.
- It is found in the minerals gadolinite, cerite, samarskite and fergusonite, and is usually obtained from cerite.Advertisement
- CERIUM (symbol Ce, atomic weight 140.25), a metallic chemical element which occurs with the rare earths in the minerals cerite, samarskite, euxenite, monazite, parisite and many yttrium minerals.
- The element was discovered in 1880 in the mineral samarskite by C. Marignac (Comptes rendus, 1880, 90, p. 899; Ann.