Samarium sentence example
- He established the existence of two new elements, samarium and gadolinium, since investigated more especially by Cleve, to whom most of our knowledge on this subject is due.
- In 1879, however, Lecoq de Boisbaudran showed that Mosander's "didymium," contained samarium; while the residual "didymium" after removal of samarium, was split by Auer v.
- Demargay from Lecoq de Boisbaudran's samarium; G.
- Meyer thinks that the susceptibilities of the metals praseodymium, neodymium, ytterbium, samarium, gadolinium, and erbium, when obtained in a pure form, will be found to equal or even exceed those of the well-known ferromagnetic metals.
- Certain absorption bands at the blue end of the spectrum are supposed to be due to rare elements such as samarium.Advertisement
- SAMARIUM [[[symbol]] Sm, atomic weight 150.4 (0= 16)1, a rare earth metal (see Rare Earths).