Samar sentence example
- CALBAYOG, a town of the province of Samar, Philippine Islands, on the W.
- Each of the larger islands between Luzon and Mindanao, except Samar and Bohol, is traversed longitudinally by a single mountain range with occasional spurs.
- In Samar there are irregular masses of hills.
- Squirrels are confined to the eastern chain of islands from Basilan to Samar and to the Palawan-Calamianes group. In the southern islands there is a tiny species, the size of a mouse.
- Galeopithecus and Tarsius range from Basilan to Samar; the former occurs also in Bohol.Advertisement
- These genera usually have distinct representative species in Luzon, Samar and Leyte, Mindanao, and in some cases in Basilan also.
- The greatest differences occur between Luzon and Samar and Leyte.
- The zoological position of Bohol has not been satisfactorily determined, but all existing evidence indicates that it must be grouped with Samar and Leyte.
- On the Pacific coast of Luzon, Samar, Leyte and Mindanao the rainy season is from November to May, when the winds blow from the east or the north-east.
- Two thousand persons lost their lives in Samar and Leyte during the great storm of 1897.Advertisement
- The first island on which he landed was Malhou, between Samar and Dinagat.
- Between Luzon and Mindanao are Samar (5031 sq.
- Red or brown deer occur in Basilan, Mindanao, Leyte, Samar and the Calamianes Islands.