Salzkammergut sentence example
- The southern part belongs to the region of the Eastern Alps, containing the Salzkammergut and Upper Austrian Alps, which are found principally in the district of Salzkammergut (q.v.).
- The salt extracted in Salzkammergut amounts to nearly 30% of the total Austrian production.
- See Kegele, Das Salzkammergut (Wien, 1897).
- It is also an important centre of the salt industry in Salzkammergut.
- Austria does not possess any great lakes; but has numerous small mountain lakes situated in the Alpine region, the most renowned for the beauty of their situation being found in Salzburg, Salzkammergut, Tirol and Carinthia.Advertisement
- To the north of the Enns are ramifications of the Salzkammergut and Enns Alps, which include the Dachstein (9830 ft.), and the Grimming (7713 ft.), and the groups of the Todtes Gebirge (6890 ft.) and of the Pyrgas with the Grosser Pyrgas (7360 ft.).
- The climate of Upper Austria, which varies according to the altitude, is on the whole moderate; it is somewhat severe in the north, but is mild in Salzkammergut.
- Salzkammergut had in 1900 a population of over 18,000.