Salvator sentence example
- He was born probably at Eliock in Dumfriesshire in 1560, and when ten years old was sent to St Salvator's College, St Andrews, where he took his B.A.
- In 1563, the year in which his mother died, he matriculated at St Salvator's College, St Andrews.
- In 1838 he was appointed principal of the united colleges of St Salvator and St Leonard, St Andrews.
- St John's church is a Gothic edifice with a lofty tower; St Salvator's was built about 1720.
- Other churches are the Gothic church of the Holy Ghost; the churches of St Severin, of St Paul and of St Gertrude; the double church of St Salvator; the Romanesque church of the Holy Cross; the pilgrimage church of Our Lady of Succour (Mariahilf); the church of the hospital of St John; and the Romanesque Votiv Kirche.Advertisement
- This building, in which the Roman emperors were formerly elected and, since 1562, crowned, was founded in 852 by King Louis the German, and was later known as the Salvator Kirche.
- Miramar, the beautiful country seat of the archduke Ludwig Salvator of Austria, is 12 m.
- The motto is Iesus Hominum Salvator.
- Crichton lost the chancellorship: and the keys were given to Kennedy, bishop of St Andrews and founder of St Salvator's college in that university.
- His tomb in his college chapel of St Salvator's at St Andrews,; Ids college and his bridge over the river Eden, have survived as monuments of a good and great man; they passed unscathed through the ruin wrought by the reformers.Advertisement
- At the same time, he sent the famous bulls Salvator mundi, a sort of repetition of Clericis laicos, and Ausculta fili, which opened a new stage of the quarrel between the pope and king.
- He returned to the college of Montaigu in 1525, but was once more at St Andrew's in 1531, where he was head of St Salvator's College from 1534 until his death.
- See Archduke Ludwig Salvator of Austria, Die Liparischen Inseln, 8 vols.
- See Archduke Ludwig Salvator, Die Insel Giglio (Prague, 1900).