Saluting sentence example
- Saluting the bartender with her glass, she started to move away when a warm hand on her forearm stopped her.
- But the troops were also regarded as still retaining the right of saluting an imperator; and there were emperors who regarded themselves as created by such salutation and dated their reigns accordingly.
- As if saluting, he deftly adjusted the front of his red headband and a thin finger of peppered hair tickled his crusty forehead.
- After the Service, the RNA will march again behind the Bands past a saluting dais.
- The child may be asked to perform tasks such as identification of fingers, whistling, saluting, brushing teeth motions, combing hair, drawing, and tracing figures.Advertisement
- Volume 7 features an amazingly fit and gorgeous young lady saluting the camera.
- To the usual letter announcing the victory the caliph in Egypt replied saluting Bayezid with the title of " Sultan of the lands of Rum."
- Indeed Ignatius takes pleasure in saluting his readers "after the apostolic stamp" (ad Trall.
- Just then at a distance behind Kutuzov was heard the sound of regiments saluting, and this sound rapidly came nearer along the whole extended line of the advancing Russian columns.
- But when the Panama "scandal" has been forgotten, for centuries to come the traveller in saluting the statue of Ferdinand de Lesseps at the entrance of the Suez Canal will pay homage to one of the most powerful embodiments of the creative genius of the 19th century.Advertisement
- At the extremity of the peninsula is Fort St George, with a saluting battery.