Saltmarsh sentence example
- The phenomenon of " coastal squeeze " of saltmarsh may be causing some net vertical accretion of mudflat surfaces.
- The commonest examples are the raw sandy gleys associated with sand flats and unripened gleys in marine alluvium and saltmarsh.
- Dornoch Firth and Morrich More Highland Dornoch Firth and Morrich More has the most extensive area of pioneer glasswort Salicornia spp. saltmarsh in Scotland.
- The commonest examples are the raw sandy gleys associated with sand flats and unripened gleys associated with sand flats and unripened gleys in marine alluvium and saltmarsh.
- Saltmarsh and mudflats at Pembroke River were also affected by heavy fuel oil and sheens of crude oil.Advertisement
- Intensive grazing of pasture and saltmarsh can create a sward that is too short for nesting skylarks.
- Before its development as a gravel spit, the site of the Denn was an area of upper-middle saltmarsh.
- Saltmarsh represents a transition from sand and mudflats to truly terrestrial vegetation.
- The saltmarsh provides grazing for sheep and cattle and attracts thousands of overwintering wildfowl.
- A natural saltmarsh system shows a clear zonation according to the frequency of inundation.Advertisement
- Coastal squeeze occurs where fixed sea defenses prevent the natural migration of saltmarsh inland as estuaries become subject to sea level rise.
- Vegetation zonations will then be determined across the saltmarsh using the selected CASI and ATM multi-spectral data.